Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sandpiper Searching



Long time no type babes! 
Life has been eventful in both great and terrible ways.

This morning I woke up to altered weekend plans, I woke up confused and humbled by my own nativity. 
I woke up single. . . again.
So, where did the day take me?
Where the sand meets the sea and where salt water heals the broken. 
I maybe yelled at God a little bit, cried just a teensy bit, and let go of a lot. Ultimately, I asked God for a word or phrase or SOMETHING that I could climb out of this rut with. 

I didn't hear an audible voice but my eyes were drawn to the tiny birds that run back and forth between the breaking waves searching desperately for nourishment. I watched them and I thought about how i've been running myself ragged trying to fill my own voids. That was it, that was the revelation I asked for and it is as simple as this:


"When God has something or someone truly good for you, you are not going to have to keep running into the deep to seek and dig it out yourself. He will bring it/them to you."


Don't be the Sandpiper. 
Let it be. 
He will provide. 

I was also reminded of something my friend Mango wrote about a few months ago:

“You can so easily build a knight in shining armor out of a man made of straw.”


Do not over promise, do not compromise and do not date on someones POTENTIAL. People will show you who they are, don't ignore the little things that make your heart drop a bit or your stomach clench. Trust your instincts, but also realize that there is no perfect man. 

That is a lot to keep in mind but only because dating is such a convoluted game these days. I wish I could go back, clear the record and just wait on God's timing. I can do that going forward but I can't go back and gather up the pieces of me that I gave to all those men boys of straw. Those are precious pieces and you should protect them, your knight in shining armor will care about those pieces enough to protect them. 

In the meantime, (try to) enjoy being single, get to know yourself really well and go on some rad adventures. You have the rest of your life to be somebodies somebody, today just be  your own person. Have fun. You don't have to be lonely though you are alone for this season. 

Tootles for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment