Saturday, July 2, 2016

Peter Pans and Magnolia Farms



With a title like that I was scratching my head too, but I think i'll be able to tie it in a nice little bow for y'all. 
Sorry, i've been hooked on Fixer Upper while intermittently running down to the laundry mat to tend to the linens or whatever. 


So anyway ladies, I'm going to talk about some un-fun stuff, also about the "ultimate dream" and what it looks like to bridge that gap. Anyone who knows me, can pretty much tell that I've not had much success with the ol' L word, L O V E.  Maybe I have a light up sign on my forehead advertising that I really-enjoy-being-treated-badly or maybe I just like people with problems, I don't know. Either way, not good. 
The past is the past right? 
Yeah, but I keep finding them and somehow it manages to surprise and devestate me each time that they turn out to be peter-pans. 


I don't know about you, but I am really freaking tired of keeping quiet and being a doormat for THOSE types of guys to tread on. I mean, what a waste of time and dreams, in each situation there have been some good memories - ish, but more so there was lot of slashing into my confidence, trust and heart leaving scars that feel a mile wide some days. I'm foolish but I'm hopeful too. Despite the past, that I have to accept is mine, I almost always believe that people can change. They don't, not those type of people. They see nothing wrong with how they treat others and rarely admit fault. 

I am grateful to have people in my life that force me to see what is really there and not romanticize it. I'm a dreamer with a stubborn soul, I don't like to let go and I really hate being wrong about someone. But I was wayyyyy wrong recently. 

Babes, just please don't settle. Don't try to make an excuse for someone who is selfish enough to put you down like its a sport, someone who feels it necessary to read you the ingredients off of the dang spray butter bottle, or doesn't think to include you in their plans for the future, when you would have moved your life for them. Just don't. 

What should one do when they don't have a template for what is worth waiting for? 

Short answer: watch Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines all day on HGTV.

 
#RelationshipGoals

Longer answer: fall for yourself first - you have to know your worth to know that you deserve better. 
I can tell that i'm in a slightly better place than I was last year because I down right couldn't stand how I was being manipulated /treated last weekend, so I did the hard thing and had a heartbreaking conversation - at least for me, because I had invested too much. 

It was also a major step to be able to be so vulnerable, but it got little ridiculous with the tears. . . just picture Splash Mountain on a 24 hour cycle. 

After you stand up for yourself and cut off dead branches, you have to connect with your savior - only He can fill the gap that you are asking a human man to. Write a list and be VERY specific about what you want in a man, God already knows but He likes to grow us which means digging deep and being honest.  

Next step, STOP COMPARING.

For whatever reason this is the journey that you are on and for right now they best way for you navigate it is alone. Someday it will all make sense. 

Once you have your template it won't be so hard to see who stacks up and who wouldn't make the cut if they were a zillionaire or not. 

The results of how I spent my lazy Saturday = my couch now has an Aly shaped indent and I want to buy an old ranch in Waco, Texas just to have fixer upper come by to hang out and um, fix it up. 

Books that I would recommend:
Also, I've been reading a lot of Job - trust me, whatever man problems/anything else that you boss babes might be facing. . .it could be so much worse! haha.

Have a happy 4th of July weekend lovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment