Wednesday, May 4, 2016

#PrayingForTricia



For someone who usually has so much to say, Tricia Todd's disappearance leaves me without much more than this.

This world has faced some pretty dark days, especially in the last year or so - or maybe I just finally noticed how broken we are, either way hashtags like #PrayforSyria, #PrayforParis,  #PrayforBrussels, #PrayforAmerica, etc are popping up everywhere and all the more frequently. 
Daily, I see missing persons or Amber alert posts being shared on social media, I saw it but it never affected me directly, so I didn't think much of it. 

All of those people are no less important than Tricia, but I grew up with her, I photographed her dancing with her daughter at a wedding last summer and have run into her around town. She is real. She is missing and because of her I will never look at another missing flyer, amber alert text or news report the same way. 
Bad things don't just happen to people who are in far off places, sometimes they happen in your own backyard to good people that you wish you knew better. 

My heart has been heavy for Tricia's family and especially her little girl since last week. 
I've been praying for her as often as I remember to, there was a beautiful gathering on Sunday with people from all over this community lifting up our voices, praying to the only One who knows where Tricia is right now. 
The candles burned out but the passion to bring her home has not wavered.

Last night I went to a worship service at church, I usually worship pretty freely (when i'm not worrying if my possible future hubby is staring me down, haha) but last night was different
I was singing but I was also praying and weeping; my thoughts were of Tricia because while we sang about God being our refuge and strength, I felt a sense of peace in knowing that He was keeping her in the shadow of His wings, protecting His child.
Only He can bring the ruins back to life, only He can protect her while Martin County is doing their best to find her. My heart is so sad but also so full, this community of people that have come together to search, support and to spread the word, have restored my faith in humanity.
We can take care of each other, we can come together for justice and do good things.
Its in these times of darkness that we can finally see the light.

If you read this, (all 3 of you, haha) please join us in praying for Tricia - wherever she is and whatever she is going through pray that God, our father, is watching over this precious woman. 
Pray for her family, that they would remain strong and courageous with each passing day that leaves everyone more perplexed than the last, pray that God would give them a sense of peace to calm the chaos. Pray, people. 
There is power in the name of Jesus. 

"When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I’ll be there.” 
Matt 18:20 (MSG)



No comments:

Post a Comment